When you’re a homeowner, one of the biggest perils to your house and family is the potential for a fire. The U.S. Fire Administration projected in 2019 that American homeowners suffered nearly $1.6 billion in costs as the result of unforeseen or unattended fires. The terrible truth is fires are sudden and are often avoidable -- with a little knowledge of where to act. And hopefully you have a monitored fire alarm that gets you aid immediately should you experience an incident.
What Causes House Fires In Manchester?
Fires can spark in nearly any place at any time on the premises. However, you can lessen the threat of a blaze by taking safety measures around the following household objects:
- Stoves and Ovens: Cooking is the leading cause, by a huge margin, of a house fire in Manchester. Cooking-related blazes commonly result when the kitchen goes neglected during meal preparation. Water thrown on a grease fire can quickly spread a flame that would otherwise die out.
- Candles: Going to sleep in an area with a burning candle is risky, even when you use a recessed candle holder. The flame is more than capable of catching a curtain on fire if left on a window sill, and animals can knock candles over. The National Fire Protection Association estimates that more than 7,600 properties were damaged because of candle-related accidents between 2014-2018.
- Electrical wires: Old electrical circuit interrupters, “tamper-resistant” electrical outlets, degrading or incorrectly set up lighting, and cut lamp cords can all cause a fire. Be careful not to overburden your outlets or plug an item in with uncovered wires. On the off chance you hear crackling or catch a whiff of smoke from the outlet, power down the breaker off prior to investigating.
- Space Heaters: Look past coiled space heaters because waste, like dust bunnies, paper, or covers can accidentally make contact and spark up. However, you should also check on fan and ceramic space heaters for the entire duration of operation.
- Cigarettes: Just in 2014, U.S. fire departments responded to more than 17,000 home fires started by smoking paraphernalia. If you have tobacco products that smokes indoors, be certain they never pass out with a cigarette or lay in bed with one. And fully extinguish your tobacco items prior to placing it into a garbage can.
A Monitored Smoke Detector Does Can Helps When There’s A Fire
If a fire does spark, you will need to have a speedy warning system to notify your family members before it gets serious. A common smoke alarm might be sufficient but is limited to alerting you if smoke is really billowing. A cutting-edge fire alarm -- a piece of equipment that's pair with your home security network -- is able to discover both smoke and rising temperatures and is better equipped to make sure everyone’s safety.
A monitored fire alarm has multiple it can alert you of a fire. Your alarms can inform you with an incredibly loud tone and a notification to your smartphone. Then your ever-vigilant monitoring experts will contact the fire department. And if you're ever somewhere where you aren’t able to speed back in time when a fire breaks out, you can rest assured that your monitoring agent can help coordinate communication between you and emergency personnel.
Utilize Monitored Fire Alarms From Secure24 Alarm Systems
The chance of house fires in Manchester should never be underestimated, but you can rest easier if you use a monitored fire alarm on the premises. Contact Secure24 Alarm Systems, and we’ll help you get all the fire sensors you need with a cutting-edge home security system. Call (603) 932-7598 or submit the form below to begin.