What do you want in a baby monitor in Manchester?
In the olden days, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You put a microphone-type device in close proximity to the sleeping area, which transmits an audio feed to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Thankfully, baby monitors now have more options. For example, many monitors now offer HD video and 2-way communication. You can even hook some monitors to your wireless network so you may wander throughout your home. The latest baby monitors in Manchester are so elaborate that they are similar to inside surveillance in both features and expense.
Can you swap out a baby monitor for an indoor security camera?
Since baby monitors and indoor security cameras share similar capabilities, you will find quite a few parents in Manchester integrating their child’s bedroom to their home security system. This approach is beneficial -- particularly if you have to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor now has:
● HD video with low-light capability: Your surveillance system should have at minimum 1080p HD resolution, and infrared LED technology for night vision.
● Two-way talk: Now you don’t need to go into the room to soothe your baby back to a restful state. A comforting word could be all you need to keep them asleep.
● Motion activation: While it’s possible to have your camera stay on constantly to watch your baby sleep, your attention may begin to waver. Conversely, if your security camera detects unexpected movements, then you can get a text alert on your phone. Perfect when the baby soundlessly scales up the crib or if a pet wanders into the space.
● Video recordings: Most baby monitors aren’t able to save video footage. You can now send a brief sample to a relative or family friend to show them what a special, sleepy child you have.
● Mobile phone monitor: Instead of lugging an external monitor around, you are now able to view your child from your home security app. You can even touch base with your child and sitter if you’re able to get an evening away.